As your trusted pre-owned watch partner, we're here to help guide you in identifying safe and sound investment opportunities.
Here's a few tips on what to look out for when sourcing investment grade timepieces:
- Research the watch markets carefully and get to know your brands
- Generally, scarcity makes for a great investment piece. If the watch is scarce, the price is likely to be investment worthy.
- Popularity of a watch is also indicative of an investment grade timepiece. Watches like Rolex, produced in volume, are popular and because of that they are in high demand making them an attractive investment opportunity.
- Is the price right? What price are you buying the piece at? Rolex for example have over the last 10 years tended to increase in value
- Finding it for a valuable price. i.e. If you source a Breitling Navitimer for R50k it's a wise investment as this timepiece generally retails for close to R120k
- Brands and models that represent great investment opportunities are:
- J.P. Journe
- Rolex - Stainless steel sports models
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak and Royal Oak Offshore models
- Patek Philippe Nautilus and Aquanaut models
- Tudor Black Bay and Black Bay 58 models
- Omega Speedmaster Limited Edition Moon watch models